Packing and Moving can be very tough task when it comes to Delhi. Before you decide packing and moving in Delhi here are few tips that can make your packing and moving very comfortable and memorable.
1. Pack an overnight bag containing all the essentials.
Chances are, you’ll be too tired to unpack your things. You’ll want your essentials within easy access, including a change of clothes if you’re going back to work the next day as well as all your toiletries. It’s also a great way to transport a laptop, which could run the risk of getting stolen during a move.
2. Pack the items you will need FIRST in a clear plastic bin
This includes things like a box cutter, paper towels, trash bags, eating utensils, select cookware, power strips, phone chargers, toilet paper, tools, etc. The clear bin allows you to see inside; it also separates itself from the myriad of cardboard boxes.
3. Wrap your breakables (dishes, glasses, etc.) in clothing to save on bubble wrap.
Two birds, one stone: You’re packing your clothes and kitchenware at the same time.
4. For extra padding, pack your glasses and stemware in clean socks.
5. In addition to labeling what’s in your boxes, add what room they’ll be going into, as well.
When you arrive at your new home, unpack BY ROOM. The unpacking process will feel more manageable.
And remember to label the SIDES of the boxes, not the tops. This way, you’ll be able to identify them even if they’re stacked.
6. If you can, show up to your new home before the move and pre-clean the bathroom and kitchen.
Put up a new shower curtain liner and stock some new bath towels and toilet paper, as well. You’ll want to take a hot shower after a long day of moving.
7. Place an extra cotton pad or ball into your powder cosmetics to keep them from breaking.
This is a great tip for traveling in general.
8. Cover the openings of your toiletries with saran wrap, then put the tops back on.
This will keep your toiletries from breaking and leaking all over your stuff during the move.
9. Pack plates vertically, like records. They’ll be less likely to break.
10. Keep drawers intact by covering them with Press’n Seal.
Dresser drawers are like their own moving boxes — this will keep you from having to unpack and refold their contents.
It’ll also make moving the actual dresser much more manageable.
11. Press’n Seal is also great for keeping jewelry displays intact.
12. Buy a roll of stretch wrap.
It works like Press’n Seal but on a bigger scale. You can group items together, and it’ll protect your furniture from getting scuffed and scratched.
15. Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.
16. Cut down on boxes by making all of your baskets, laundry bins, hampers, and suitcases work for you.
18. Vacuum seal your out-of-season clothing.
Not only will they take up less space and be a breeze to pack, but they can go directly into storage in the new home.
Be the first to leave a review.